Working At BL:
Dyson entered Boys' Latin in 1952 as a fifth grader and has been here ever since. He was a three-sport athlete in high school and was named first team All-Maryland his senior year as a lacrosse goalie after being named honorable mention the previous year. Dyson graduated in 1959 and was elected into the Boys' Latin School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2006. Upon graduation from BL, Dyson served in the United States Coast Guard reserve for eight years. In 1962, he returned to BL as a coach and teacher. He served as an assistant lacrosse coach under Mason Lebrun and helped guide the Lakers to the first championship on Lake Avenue in 1964 and again in 1966.
Dyson left BL in 1968 for a brief time but continued to support BL as the President of the Boys' Latin Alumni Association and returned to campus in 1970. During his time on Lake Avenue, he has served as Director of Alumni Affairs, Director of Admissions, and is presently the Associate Headmaster of Development. Dyson even went back to coaching in 1973 and led the 1974 team to another championship.
Dyson has also been involved in many community activities and organizations throughout Baltimore. He has served on the Boards of Episcopal Social Services, Fresh Air Society (a camp for inner city children), the C. Markland Kelly Athletic Board, the Sinclair Broadcasting Group, the High Rock Foundation, the Safe Waterways of Maryland. Dyson is a member of The Sons of the Revolution, Flag House, The Colonial Wars. and Cincinnati Society.
Dyson has been a lifelong resident of Maryland and has been married to Caroline for 50 years. He has two wonderful daughters, Anne-Dyson and Jenny. He is very proud of his two granddaughters, Katie and Lilly.